Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Great Physician


Psalm 103:1-5

My soul, praise the Lord, and all that is within me, praise His holy name.
My soul, praise the Lord, and do not forget all His benefits.
He forgives all your sin;
He heals all your diseases.
He redeems your life from the Pit;
He crowns you with faithful love and compassion.
He satisfies you with goodness;
your youth is renewed like the eagle.

The world we live in tends to treat us for illnesses after they happen rather than preventing them in the first place.  Therefore we seek treatment once the symptoms begin to show and we are already to the point of suffering to whatever degree our illness progresses.  We are often given prescriptions with a long list of potential side-effects, many of which can be unpleasant.  I want to focus on the healthcare plan the Lord offers.  The one where I focus on Him and He takes care of me according to His great plan.

No comments: