Friday, November 2, 2018

Better Than A Hot Fudge Sundae

Throughout November, I will be sharing the verse(s) that are listed on the Adoration printable by Sara Hagerty. I will be showing how I use these verses to journal a prayer and allow God to speak truth over me, reminding me of the hope of the Gospel. My desire is that as you see how God uses His Word to speak to me exactly where I am and meet me with His open arms to remind me that He sees me, knows me, and loves me deeply, that you will not only grab hold of that truth for yourself but allow Him to do the same in your heart and mind.


Psalm 63:5-7

You satisfy me as with rich food; my mouth will praise You with joyful lips. When I think 
of You as I lie on my bed, I meditate during the night watches because 
You are my helper; I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings.

Lord, I know that You are infinitely more filling than anything I can consume no matter how good whatever I am about to eat tastes. And I also know that replacing You with food is going to leave me hungrier and less satisfied than eating all my favorite things. Help me to keep my thoughts more on You than anything that is worldly and only gives temporary relief or escape from what I am trying to avoid or refusing to deal with. Help me to believe that the closer I get to You, the safer I will be. Show me how to replace the lie that if You see all the ugliness, fear, worry, anxiety, and stress in my heart that You will abandon me to myself. Nothing about You implies rejection because Your great love is available to any who choose to receive it.

You can learn more about Adoration here.

No comments: