Friday, November 2, 2018

Speechless



I have mentioned Sara Hagerty and the practice of Adoration several times on this blog. I have shared how it has had a tremendous impact on my faith, my mind, my emotions, and so much more.

The month of November is one usually filled with gratitude challenges. Well, my gratitude is for this. And so each day, or at least Monday through Friday, I am going to share the verse of the day from the Adoration printable and what I journal/pray about. 

Doing this has opened my eyes to who God is, what He desires for me, things He's trying to say that I don't necessarily hear with all the noise of the world and my circumstances, and the truth that my heart desperately needs. I can't even explain how it happens but there is something about writing out Scripture in your own handwriting and then responding to it that is indescribable. 

Please, if you have thought about doing this, join me for this month. See what it does for your perception of God, your faith, your belief, your heart, and your mind. He promises His word won't return void, so the time spent has a guaranteed return on investment. 

As a bonus, if you are on Instagram, find Sara here and then watch the Instagram TV video she has answering two questions about Adoration. Her words are so wise and will help you see things that perhaps you aren't even aware of in your own life. They certainly nailed me.

November 1, 2018

Romans 8:26

In the same way the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, 
because we do not know what to pray for as we should, 
but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with unspoken groanings.

Lord, even when I am speechless or clueless about what to say, ask for, or explain as if you don't already know, you are already listening for and hearing the cries of my heart. You know what I need and what I would ask for if I were able to comprehend all that you know. But since such knowledge is too great for me, the gift of Your Spirit intercedes on my behalf, reminds me of everything You've said (assuming I don't turn a deaf ear in the stubbornness of my heart), and leads me on the way I should go. Thank you for not just working on my behalf but giving me a clear picture of what that looks like.

Disclaimer: I will likely have two up today, this is from yesterday. You know me, Type A rule follower that had to make sure I wouldn't get in trouble. 

No comments: