Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Rapid Fire

The reading plan I am following (sort of, because I am ahead of schedule) had five psalms for today. And after I was done dropping my son off at school, I had on K-LOVE and heard Luis Palau say something that was a 'duh' moment. So rather than a regular post, it's going to be a rapid fire of truth bombs.

Psalm 25:2 CSB

do not let my enemies gloat over me.......

💣 Whenever our temptations lead to sin (ungodly choices), and get the best of us, the enemy is gloating

Psalm 25:15 CSB

My eyes are always on the LORD, for He will pull my feet out of the net.

💣 What if the distress we feel is the tension caused because God is trying to pull us out of the net that is holding us and we resist because it's comfortable, predictable, and don't see it as the trap He does?

Psalm 29:1-2 CSB

Ascribe to the LORD, you heavenly beings, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength. Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name; worship the LORD in the splendor of His holiness.

💣 If we don't ascribe to the Lord glory and strength and worship His holiness, we will forget who He is, what He has done, and what He will do, and then default seeing Him as we see others.

Psalm 33:6 CSB

The heavens were made by the word of the LORD, and all the stars, by the breath of His mouth.

💣 If everything was created by His word alone, why do we doubt His ability?

Psalm 36:7 CSB

How priceless your faithful love is, God! Poeple take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.

💣 In order to take refuge in the shadow of His wings, we have to get close.

Psalm 39:11 CSB

You discipline a person with punishment for iniquity, consuming like a moth what is precious to him

💣💣💣💣 When the Lord consumes like a moth what is precious to us, is it possible He is showing us the holes in our logic?

Now, as for K-LOVE....

Luis Palau quoted John 8:32 (NIV) Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (emphasis mine)

And all I could think about when I heard him quote this Scirpture was John 14:6 (NIV) I am the way and the truth and the life.....as well as Luke 4:18 (NIV) He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free. (emphasis mine)

Conclusion: It's really all about Jesus.


No comments: