Monday, January 2, 2017

Impossibilities

Genesis 11 ~ The Tower of Babel and Abram's family

For 2017 I am participating in the she works His way Bible reading plan.  I decided that each day I would read to see evidence of God's grace, regardless of the portion of Scripture given.  I would imagine some days might require a little more time to keep my mouth shut and my heart open to see what God needs me to understand about His grace.  When I saw what the reading was yesterday I admit I was overwhelmed by the thought of finding evidence of God's grace in the account of Babel.  But, I prayed before I started and ended up with such a mouthful of His grace it is quite literally a miracle I didn't choke on it all.

My notes/thoughts:

Sometimes things are impossible for a reason......

Prior to Babel:  God saw evil in the hearts and thoughts of man and set out to destroy creation......but Noah

Man didn't really change and still sought his own fame and glory......Babel

God loved man despite his sinful nature and intervened......confused language/scattered people

Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27, Luke 18:27

What is impossible for man is possible for God

God will not force us to love Him....but He will give us reasons to turn to Him.
God loves us too much not to pursue our hearts and minds in deeply personal ways.

If we reject, ignore, disregard, and discount Him continually ~ why doesn't He just walk away?


What if things are impossible for a reason?  What if misunderstandings, miscommunications, misinterpretations are all God's grace to turn to Him with the impossible so we can witness a miracle?

What if every trial, every heartache, every shattered hope really is all grace?  His amazing grace.....

I am not a theologian by any stretch.  I don't have a degree in Biblical studies nor am I pursuing one beyond studying it all out and listening for His voice myself.  But it seems to me that the same God that loved us enough to send Jesus to die for our sins might just also love us enough to give us opportunities to understand and realize just how wide and deep His love goes.

Genesis 11:6-7  The Lord said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.  Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

From personal experience I can say that I would rather be in a position to realize and understand my need of Jesus than go about my day doing it all on my own because that is exhausting.  And if He chooses to make something that would appear easy out of my reach to get me to see Him work, then I am more than okay with that.  It might not be pleasant, it might take me out of my comfort zone, and it might not happen as quickly as I would like, but seeing God in action, that has to be grace.


Jesus, thank You for loving me enough to let me see evidence of Your amazing grace.  Remind me that the things that are impossible for me are possible for You for a reason.  Keep my eyes focused on You at all times.  Amen

No comments: