Friday, August 18, 2017

Unpleasing

James never holds back, much like Paul. Today, I got a one-two punch.

This morning I read Colossians 3:8 where God, through Paul, told me I must now rid myself of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from my lips.

But see when Paul wrote that, cars didn't exist. Drivers riding your tail weren't a thing. And people didn't honk their horns because you took a turn too slowly for their taste so as not to put the front of your car into the back end of a mass-transit bus.

The problem is that James reminded me shortly after the great honking episode that I am to not merely listen to the word and so deceive myself, but to do what it says.

Now, if you aren't familiar with John Crist, he is a funny, funny guy. He has a video titled When the Road Rage Doesn't Match the Playlist.  




You're welcome. 

Thankfully the kids weren't in the car with me this morning. But if you have any suggestions about how not to squash the Spirit when behind the wheel of a car, I'm taking them. Give me a lot. I have issues. 


No comments: