Monday, April 17, 2017

Living in Awe

Sing the praises of the Lord, enthroned in Zion;
proclaim among the nations what He has done.
Psalm 9:11

For months now it seemed that every time 9:11 hit the clock, I would happen to glance and see it. For a while it was making me crazy because I didn't know why that kept happening. And let's face it, with all that those numbers represent, it was disconcerting to say the least. That is until I prayed and asked God why that kept happening and then I had this overwhelming sense that I needed to find the correlating psalm.

And so as I sat here, completely blocked about what to write, I looked up and it indeed was 9:11AM. I started to write something, completely scrapped it, and thought, don't over-analyze it, do what it says. And so......

Since 2017 began........

God got us through a car inspection with nothing but the cost of the inspection
My husband had an incredible comp week in January where we got to spend time together
I have memorized one verse every week
A minor health scare with our son turned out to be nothing
I had an incredible, long conversation with my mom about life in general
Ann Voskamp's book The Broken Way rocked my world
Rebekah Lyons' book You Are Free opened doors I didn't know were closed
I was selected for a book launch for Kyle Idleman's book Grace is Greater
I found the strength not to comment on every annoying facebook post
Our daughter had a great performance in the talent show
My husband surpised me with the perfect Valentine gifts
I saw compassion in my son's heart I wasn't even aware existed
I had a successful surgery that came back with excellent results
The kids and I were blessed with play tickets for a night out
My husband and I are now praying together
We are praying with the kids before they go to school
A great conversation with my sister and her willingness to just listen
Learning how to really pray for the first time
Learning from incredible women in the She Works His Way community
God restoring what the locusts had eaten years ago
A lunch date with my husband
An incredible sermon on Easter that showed me I can step out of a circle rather than try to jump off of a roller coaster

Truthfully I could go on. God is so good to us. I wonder how often we miss His blessings because we are looking for more of the 'big' things or the 'grand' things. But the truth is, all of these blessings build our faith to know that even when the big things seem impossible to overcome, He has our back. If He cared enough to have remade a movie to repair a piece of my heart, and made a way for us to see it, then the things that take up too much precious space in my heart and mind really need to be kicked out. Because if He is faithful in what might seem little, I know He will be faithful in the big.

I pray that you will take the time to think about what God has done in your life since this year started. Maybe taking the time to do this is just the boost you need to remember that He goes before you always and He will never leave your side. 




No comments: