Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Pay It Forward

Last Wednesday I ran into someone I rarely see at Trader Joe's. During the course of our conversation I shared some encouraging words that she needed to hear and relay to the person they were about. This was clearly a divine appointment.

Then at the end of the devotional I read last Friday, the author suggested asking God to confirm His call on my life. Within an hour (probably more like 5 minutes but I don't really want to admit that I go straight from my quiet time to facebook), I read a post by someone I follow that was a mind-blowing reassurance of what I know to be true but feel like is completely out of reach. The funniest part, while I knew we had the same first name, I never realized we also have the same middle name. Coincidence? I think not.

So that is what I'm paying forward to you today. Yes, you, the one reading this. Whoever you are, wherever you are. That dream you are holding on to that you feel like is completely elusive because you are someplace you really don't want to be and feel stuck, God is working on it. You may not feel like it, you might not be seeing evidence of it, you might have forgotten it even existed except for the fact that as soon as I started writing this it came to the forefront of your mind and was birthed anew in your heart. It's not over. It's just beginning. And it's going to be better than you imagined because for all the time that you thought it was dying, the dream wasn't, your flesh was. God has been working things out of you so that this could be fully put in you.

How do I know this? Beause that's exactly what I realized has been happening in me. So much of me has died over the past 18 months I didn't even realize it. Things I thought I wanted for the reasons I thought I wanted them, gone. The picture is so much bigger, so much clearer, and so much better. And ironically, I have no more direction now than I did then. I just have reasons that go beyond my benefit.

So don't give up. Keep pressing forward and realize that God hasn't been asleep at the wheel, He's been paving the road, filling the potholes, and laying out the map. He's taking us someplace and it's going to be someplace great.


No comments: