Friday, June 16, 2017

Back on Track

As part of my summer study on discipline, I read 1 Samuel 3 this morning. This is the passage where the Lord calls to Samuel and Samuel keeps running to Eli until Eli realizes it is the Lord calling Samuel and then tells him what to do.

The Lord called for Samuel three times and each time the call went unanswered. But the Lord didn't give up on him. He waited until Samuel recognized His voice and then gave him the instructions He'd prepared. 

I don't think I'm the only one that has ever wondered if I've missed my time, my calling, my purpose, or God's plan. That's why this story gives me such hope. Sometimes I think God is calling us but we just aren't recognizing His voice for one reason or another. I don't know if it's chaos or distractions that interfere with our reception, but whatever it is, God is patient to wait it out.

I don't know if you need this reminder as much as I do today, but God is not through with you. He has a plan and He's been working on it diligently since before you drew your first breath. And whether you've gotten off track, made a huge detour, or have failed to believe that you heard Him correctly, all you need to do is pick right back up and let Him lead you where He's been taking you all along.


No comments: