Saturday, June 17, 2017

Impossibilities

Nothing is impossible for God except.......

I know you what you are thinking. There are no exceptions in this. God can do anything. He is all powerful, all knowing, and there is nothing He can not do! And I almost agree with that.

Let me explain. Sometimes I think we get lax about clinging to God's promises. We know them in our heads but we might not be 100% believing them in our heart. We so desperately want Him to rescue us or fix whatever is wrong, and when He isn't moving as quickly as we would like, our faith can weaken, exposing some gaps. 

Knowing that this happens to me, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one with the ability to forget, I think it might be a good idea to have a list of what isn't possible for God to do, just in case.

It is impossible for God to.....

not be righteous
not reveal Himself
not love you
tempt you
lie to you 
not provide a way out
disown you
not forgive you
not redeem you
not have a plan for you
not repair what the locusts have eaten
not heal you
not order your steps
not make your path straight
not delight in you
not rejoice over you
not hear you
not answer you
give up on you
give you a spirit of fear
regret you
let you finish on your own
not be with you
abandon you
forsake you
not protect you
not give you boundary lines
not complete you
forget you
ignore you
disown you 
separate you from His love

Clearly this is not an exhaustive list. You can take any promise of God, figure out how your enemy will twist it, and remind yourself that God can not do what the enemy would have you believe He will do. 

I am so fired up angry about the devil right now. Maybe it's because I read something this week that so broke my heart I could scream loud and long. He is out to get us and his attacks are brutal. Thankfully the friend that was his target is wise enough to his schemes that she's not falling for it and she is standing firm on all the things that are impossible for God to do.

None of us will escape the enemy's notice, but we can make him sorry he decided to pick on us. Let's keep our minds focused just as much on what our good, good Father can't do as much as what He can and will do, and give that joy stealing thief a healthy reminder of what he foolishly gave up. 


No comments: