Monday, November 13, 2017

Giving Thanks ~ Day Eleven

Sometimes our hearts have to heal. Sometimes the healing process is slow in coming, sometimes we make huge strides, and sometimes something happens that feels like a knife slicing through an old wound. And sometimes we need to remember that we are covered by grace. Grace that says I know you want to get this right every time, but sometimes, I need to remind you how desperately you need Me.

Luke 6:37-38 says: "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

And so today, I am thankful for grace. And today, I am going to show myself an overwhelming abundance of it, because today I need to remember that I am not perfect, I will not do things perfectly, and perfection is reserved for Jesus alone. If I will pour out grace on someone else, I have to be willing to pour it on myself as well.


No comments: