Friday, November 10, 2017

Giving Thanks ~ Day Nine

As I've been writing the things I'm thankful for in the past, it has certainly made me more aware of all I have to be thankful for in the present. Funny how that worked out.

Anyway, as I worked out this morning, I was listening to my current playlist and it made me think about all the songs that have such a special place in my heart because of the truths they remind me about God during a particular time in my life. Some of these are pretty old, so it'll date me. Here's to all who have music as their love language.

No Eye Has Seen ~ Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant (freshman year of college)

Breathe In Me ~ Michael W. Smith (junior year of college)

Grown Up Christmas List ~ Amy Grant (college)

Redeemer ~ Nicole Mullen (right before Ray was a year old)

Rescue ~ Desperation Band (late 2005 very early 2006)

Healing Is In Your Hands ~ Christy Nockels (September 2010)

Each of these songs are undeniable evidence of God's faithfulness during some of the hardest times of my life......including a time when I felt so far from God I thought I'd never go to church again. But knowing how he made me, I met a girl in college that loved Michael W. Smith and that second song filled my heart in a way I won't ever forget.

As I look at this list, I can see how I was obviously pursued through the years. Jesus is nothing if not relentless in his desire to capture our hearts. And that, more than anything else, is a reason to be thankful.

Breathe In Me ~ Michael W. Smith
undoubtedly his greatest song ever


No comments: