Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Giving Thanks ~ Day Six

"Ever feel beat up? But in a good way? I like to call this a Holy Spirit gut punch."
Michelle Myers

Last November, swHw (she works His way) did a one month trial membership for $1.00. I thought for $1.00 it might be worth it to find out if this page I was following on Facebook was any good. It took about 2 days to realize it wasn't as good as I thought it would be; instead, it was the divine intervention I didn't know I needed.

Over the past year, I have done the online classes, I have done the Bible reading plan, I have been challenged in areas I had become complacent. I have grown more than I thought possible and have been seeing the fruits of what happens when we seek first the kingdom of God.

If I had to sum up what the year has been like, the quote above would be it......one Holy Spirit gut punch after another. Some of my favorite gut punches have included:

"As a woman who speaks more words, you are more likely to be wreckless with your tongue." from What Gossip Costs

"God's saying: You're lazy, you're not disciplined, you're not working consistently and I'm not sure what you're expecting." from Home Office Makeover (That one was so dead on it wasn't even funny. And it wasn't condemning, it was an accurate assessment of my life at that point. And guess what was birthed from it.....you got it, consistent blogging.)

"We need to be careful that we don't lean so far into our strengths that we fall on ourselves. We need to lean into Jesus." from Not Leaning Into Your Strengths

"If Jesus recruited a team to maximize His mission, you aren't going to do it alone." from Better Together: Maximizing Your Mission (For the Type-A control freak, that one needed to be heard.)

"The same God who doesn't need to duplicate a snowflake has the power to work in you to give you your own unique calling and assignment." from Keys to Longevity (So we need to stop comparing ourselves!)

God will always bring about exactly what we need the moment we need it and not a second sooner. I was following the facebook page for at least 7 months before I joined. But God brought it when I was ready for it and for that I am truly thankful.


To find out more about swHw, click the picture below.


No comments: