Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Giving Thanks ~ Day Seven

When I read Rebekah Lyons book You Are Free earlier this year, one of the chapters was titled Free to Confess. I learned at that time that this wasn't just about admitting where I'd been coming up short, but also about stating or delcaring things I knew to be true about God and what he was showing me about myself. At that time, I started writing a 'truth bomb' in my planner every day.

This tiny little decision didn't seem like a super big deal at the time. But as I look back on all God has shown me or challenged me to know about him or myself over the past 11 months, I am completely blown away. These little snippets are such an encouragement to look back on and remind myself of on the hard days or in tough moments.

I suppose someday if a book or Bible study is in my future, they may become part of the quotable content that shows up on a meme to be shared on social media. But until then, I pray these highlights from the past year encourage your heart and walk with Jesus as much as they have mine.

(Please keep in mind I wrote them for me to see....I'm not pointing fingers like I'm writing them to 'you' who is reading them now, I'm just keeping them exactly as I wrote them.)

January 18, 2017 Seeking God first and foremost not only keeps your priorities in alignment, but will keep your heart and mind in peace. He told you to do that because he loves you and knows what's best. He will take care of the needs and you don't need to know how.

February 9, 2017 God's expectations of me are the things he actually says, not the specifications, qualification, or quantifications I put on them.

March 4, 2017 Nothing I ever face takes me out of reach of God's hand, God's heart, God's sight, God's ability to hear my cry. He may not want me to dwell on it, but he does want me to deal with it.

April 12, 2017 You can not extend God's grace to everyone but yourself. He meant it for you too!

May 3, 2017 The mouth may speak what the heart is full of but the Word of God judges what is in the heart that remains unspoken.

June 3, 2017 If you desperately need and opinion on yourself, ask God for his.

July 5, 2017 God doesn't ask you to change for him. God wants you to love him, let him in, and allow him to transform your heart and mind to what he always intended.

August 19, 2017 When you give up on yourself, you are truly giving up on the Spirit in you, Jesus' declaration to never leave you, and God's promise to complete you.

September 8, 2017 Quit trying to satisfy your thirst with what can't even water the ground.

October 4, 2017 Being a woman who fears the Lord more than most is still settling for second place to a woman who fears the Lord and is worthy of praise.

November 4, 2017 There is not a prescribed amount of time invested that precedes your worthiness to receive what you've been promised.




No comments: