Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Day 1

Sacrifice: an act of offering to a deity something precious

Psalm 51:17  My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.

A tiny cross, penned on the inside of my left wrist.  A small symbol drawn daily to remind me that a broken spirit and a broken and contrite heart are what God wants from me.  Two small lines that represent Christ making the ultimate sacrifice for me.  Jesus laying down His rights as the Son of God to come to earth to lead a sinless life, die a sinner's death, and rise again to give life and hope for tomorrow.  A reminder to pick up my cross daily, to be His hands and feet in the world, and to start within my own four walls.

This Lent I want to die to self.  I want to live as Jesus lived.  I want to love as Jesus loved.  I want to remember that I was bought at a price, that I am not my own, that I am to be a holy and living sacrifice, and that as I lose my life, I will gain it.  All because He loved me enough to say, "It is finished."

Father, take these next 40 days and change our hearts of stone into hearts of flesh.  Show us where we've laid down our crosses so we can pick them back up.  And when we fall, keep our eyes focused on You to start again.  Amen.



No comments: