Thursday, May 18, 2017

Sacred Ground

One of the things I am most thankful for these days is my membership at sheworksHisway.com. While this is primarily focused toward women in business, every class I have taken every month has had information that I can apply to my life in the business of being a daughter of God, a wife, a mom, a friend, a writer, and every other name you could give me.

That said, I just finished watching the class about facing your personal Goliaths. As the class progressed, Michelle Myers pointed out something I hadn't ever considered before today. Saul offered David his armor before going to face Goliath and David turned it down because it didn't fit. That, I knew. But then she transitioned to the fact that we are supposed to fight with God's weapons not the worlds and mentioned the armor of God in Ephesians 6. This is where things got interesting.

Whether or not you've ever done an armor of God craft, you probably know there are a few key pieces you are supposed to put on before going in to battle. These would be: the belt of truth buckled around your waist, the breastplate of truth, feet fitted with the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. Each part has a specific purpose in how it is used and why. (On a side note, when I pray this in the morning over myself, I pray that the helmet of salvation would protect my mind from negative thoughts and words and knock sense in to me as needed.)

What I didn't notice until I reread Ephesains 6 is that we have to have our own armor because we put these things on so that when the day of evil comes we can stand OUR GROUND.

God has given us each a time and place and prepared specific work for us to do while we are here. We are called to stand our ground with the belt of truth He had tailor made for our designed purpose. The same is true for the shield of faith we pick up as we defend the faith He has given and grown in us. And it's not that we can't fight along side someone else, but we must stand our ground against the devil's schemes for His glory, our good, and the good of others.

I don't know that I would have ever seen that if she hadn't pointed out the connection. It's given me a new perspective on the armor I am praying over myself every day to see it from a more specific application rather than a general purpose. I pray that you would consider exactly what your ground is to defend so that you can stand against Satan and his tactics. It's time to take back all that the enemy has stolen from us and to be truly strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.


No comments: