Sunday, November 13, 2016

Come and See

John 1:38-39  They said to Him, "Rabbi," (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), "where are you staying?"  He said to them, "Come and see."  They came and saw where He was staying and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).

Father, when Jesus walked this earth, people wanted to be where He was.  They knew there was something about Him, drawing them in, that made them bold enough to ask and curious enough to follow.  And when He was leaving to be with You until His return, He told us that He would be with us to the ends of the age and that we'd never be alone.  How is it that I know that but either forget or don't act like it's true?  Help me to remain aware of Your presence regardless of my surroundings.

Where can I go from Your Spirit?  
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
Psalm 139:7

Help me not to take such a precious promise and dismiss it as if it is nothing.  Help me see You in all the good that is happening and the miracles that You perform every day.  Amen


No comments: