Thursday, November 24, 2016

New Life

John 3:5-8  Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.  That whihc is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again.'  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes.  So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Father, during creation You made everything through the Spirit.  That makes even more sense when I consider that creation cries out for You to return.  But if we are made through You in the first place, how is it then we are born again?  I believe it's because we finally realize, acknowledge, and accept that life truly does not begin until we humply submit that what You have put in us will not only strengthen, guide, and teach us, but also help us deny what evil and selfish desires naturally reside in our hearts and minds.  It's then that the new man you intended us to be when You planned our time and place in Your story comes to be.  Teach me to rely less on what my human nature has taught me and to fully depend on what Your truth says.  Amen.


No comments: