Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Seek First

John 2:23-25  Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.  But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, and He had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

Father, I never want to be the one that believes in You because of benefits and perks.  Yes, I have seen and know what You are capable of doing but I never want this to be about what's in it for me.  You alone know the things You want me to do and why, You alone know the plans You have and how my part factors in to the whole story.  Help me seek You first in all I do, constantly aware of any selfish ambition so that my focus can shift back to You alone.  My greatest fear is getting caught up in and believing my own press.  I don't want to think thoughts about me other than the ones You have declared and I want those thoughts to spark in me such an overwhelming desire to share that kind of belief with others that they race to You.  Flood my mind, heart, and eyes with all things You and remind me that You are everything.


No comments: