Monday, November 21, 2016

Great Expectations

John 2:18-22  So the Jews answered and said to Him, "What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?"  Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."  Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"  But He was speaking of the temple of His body.  Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

Father, I am quite certain that there are things You have said to me that I either didn't hear, didn't understand, or don't remember that You have come through and fulfilled a promise that I have not acknowledged or become aware of its completion.  Help me to not just write down what You say or whisper into my heart, but to go back and write down Your answer, Your perfect timing, Your amazingly coordinated plan.  Help me to stay alert looking for You and how You are moving, not asleep at the wheel, going through the motions, or blind to all the miracles surrounding me.  Amen




No comments: