Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sacred Announcement

John 1:29-31  The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold!  The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!  This is He of whom I said, 'After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.'  I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water."

Father, John announced and called out Jesus for who He is to those within earshot that had heard him mention His coming.  And not only did he call Him out by title, but also by planned action.  It seems almost odd to me that we don't announce Your presence or arrival like that to ourselves.  We can see You every time we open Your word, hear a song that reminds us of who You are, what You are doing, or what You are calling us to do, but we rarely, if ever, acknowledge just how much You are here with us.  Help us to pay more attention to the fact that You never leave us, help us celebrate more frequently the times we are overcome by Your name and what You came to do, help us be intentional about announcing your arrival in the midst of difficulty, and remind us that somehow You have counted us as worthy to know You intimately and include us in Your plans.  Amen


No comments: