Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Decrease

John 3:29-30  He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears Him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice.  Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled.  He must increase, but I must decrease.

Father, hearing Your voice is truly the greatest joy I know.  That You would take the time to talk to me, to let me know the things You need me to know so that I can do the things You've planned for me or to comfort those You put in my cirlce, is beyond understanding.  Help me to decrease so that anyone I spend time with is acutely aware that they were with You.  Give me Your words, Your thoughts, Your eyes and ears to see them and hear them the way You do, and to love and encourage them as You would.  I don't want to be a wallflower that stands in the corner waiting for someone to pick me.  Rather I want Your presence and hand on my life to be so powerfully clear that others are drawn to You as I become Your hands and feet.  Amen



No comments: