Wednesday, November 16, 2016

I saw you

John 1:47-51  Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him and said of him, "Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit."  Nathanael said to Him, "How do you know me?"  Jesus answered and said to him, "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you."  Nathanael answered and said to Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God!  You are the King of Israel!"  Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe?  You will see greater things than these."  And He said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."

Father, to know You see me no matter where I am is one of the most comforting thoughts.  Help me remember that You are always aware of what is happening and that nothing will ever escape your notice.  Clean up my heart and mind so that no deceit is in me, count me among the Israelites, and give me the strength, courage, and wisdom to proclaim You and who You are to hearts, minds, and ears that are ready.  Let me be witness to heaven opening, God moving, angels coming and going, and even greater things than these.  Let me see you move mountains, part sees, heal the blind, and raise the dead to life.  Amen.



No comments: