Saturday, November 12, 2016

What do you seek?

John 1:35-38a  Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples.  And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, "Behold the Lamb of God!"  The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.  Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, "What do you seek?"

Father, I don't even know how to answer that question and have it be complete, all encompassing, and missing nothing.  First, I seek You.  I know that apart from You I can do nothing and so seeking You is a must in every situation.  Second, I seek Your will for my life.  Whatever your purpose is for what You have entrusted to me is where I need You to direct me because on my own, I will seek my desires not Yours.  Third, I seek Your strength knowing that while it might be my arms, legs, and hands doing the work it will always be Your Spirit in me that makes any of it possible.  Fourth, I seek Your forgiveness knowing that I will fall miserably short of Your glory time and time again.  Fifth, I seek your peace because only Your perfect peace can calm my anxious heart.  Sixth, I seek Your rest because only You can restore my weary soul.  Amen



No comments: