Wednesday, November 23, 2016

See and Believe

John 3:1-4  There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.  This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with Him."  Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."  Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old?  Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"

Father, I have too much Nicodemus in me.  I come by night to ask You my questions and pray because no one sees me.  And as if that weren't bad enough, I can acknowledge all the things You've done and who You are but the moment Your answer, Your response, Your plan doesn't make sense, I try to put in in the most logical box that my human mind can comprehend and try to figure it out on my own.  It's like I don't know You don't do things the same way twice or that You are limited to my creative thoughts and imaginings.  Help me remove the limits I've put on You and the ways You work.  Help me see beyond what I can physically see changing before my eyes to notice the feel fo the wind creating the movement in the first place.  Amen





No comments: