Sunday, November 27, 2016

Pursue Your Purpose

John 3:22-24  After these things Jesus and His disciples came into the land of Judea, and there He remained with them and baptized.  Now John was also baptizing in Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there.  And they came and were baptized.  For John had not yet been thrown into prison.

Father I can't understand what it would be like to have You come along side me physically doin the same thing I am and think I wouldn't be tempted to step back, find something new to do, or just be present for crowd control.  What's so amazing is that John was given the job first, You joined him in his efforts, and he just kept going because the opportunity still existed.  I don't want to shrink back froom my responsibility just because You join me and I"m too distracted to keep going.  I only wan to step back because You give me something new to do or want me to stop.  Help me see the doors that might be ajar because You opened them.  Help me be strong enough in You to move past my fleshy insecurities to know whatever is behind them can not hurt me because You are my refuge and protector.  Don't let me get caught up in anything that isn't Your best for me, but only in the things You are weaving into my story.  Amen



No comments: