Wednesday, December 7, 2016

All the Things I've Ever Done

John 4:27-30  And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, "What do you seek?" or "Why are You talking with her?"  The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, "Come see a Man who told me all the things I ever did.  Could this be the Christ?"  Then they went out of the city and came to Him.

Father, from the very first day, You know everything I've ever done.  You know every breath, every tear, every hope, every dream and regret.  You know every time I listened to Your calll and every time I avoided You.  You have kept me safe, met my every need, and have given me a journey of faithfulness to look back upon in order to move forward in the present.  I am a woman and You talk to me.  You don't need to ask what I am seeking because all I seek is You.  And I don't have to ask why You talk to me because I know it's because You love me passionately.  Help me to be like this woman, ready to drop her own way of fulfilling her thirst to tell others about You so that they too can never thirst again.  Amen


No comments: