Friday, December 2, 2016

Rest

John 4:1-6  Therefore, when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John (though Jesus Himself did not baptize, but His disciples), He left Judea and departed again to Galilee.  But He needed to go through Samaria.  So He came to a city of Samaria which is called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.  Now Jacob's well was there.  Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat by the well.  It was about the sixth hour.

Father, it almost seems impossible to read that Jesus was wearied and sat down.  But I suppose it's a good reminder that as much as He is You, You also made Him human like us.  Help me to be mindful of my body, to recognize when I am weary from the journey so that I acknowledge when I need to sit and rest.  Remind me that weariness comes in many forms ~ not just physical ~ and that sometimes emotional or mental weariness can be just as, if not more, exhausting.  Lead me always to the spot where the best rest leads to restoration, at Your feet.  Amen.



No comments: