Thursday, December 15, 2016

Rise

John 5:7-15  The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me."  Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed, and walk."  And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked.  And that day was the Sabbath.  The Jews therefore said to him who was cured, "It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed."  He answered them, "He who made me well said to me, 'Take up your bed and walk.'"  Then they asked him, "Who is the man who said to you, 'Take up your bed and walk'?"  But the one who was healed did not know who it was, for Jesus had withdrawn, a multitude being in that place.  Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well.  Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."  The man departed and told the Jews that it was Jesus who made him well.

Father, help me to actively and intentionally puruse what will make me well.  I don't need to wait for an angel to stir water, I just need to seek You in all circumstances that keep me sick.  Show me the power of Your words to fix what is broken, heal what is hurt, and comfort what aches.  And when others ask who it was that healed me, give me the right words that will pierce hearts with Your truth and love.


Sometimes we need a reminder that we were made for more than we are currently experiencing in our reality.  Don't ever let your past define your present or future. #Rise


No comments: