Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hands Lifted High

John 4:23-26  "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.  God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and truth."  The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ).  "When He comes, He will tell us all things."  Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He."

Father, help me to worship you fully.  Help me to realize that it really is Your breath in my lungs every day and Your words on my heart and mind and that my voice is meant to praise You not only in song but also through words of encouragement, testimony, witnessing, and overhearing.  Rid the ugliness out of me that shows up in short remarks, sarcasstic retorts, unkind observations, hasty judgements, and quick assumptions.  Help me to grasp and truly acknowledge that it's not just written as words on a page when I open my Bible but that it is You, speaking directly to me 'all things.'  Help me to pay closer attention to Your directions, to Your plans for me, to Your lead so that my feet follow nothing but You.  Amen


No comments: