Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Taste and See

John 6:22-27  On the following day, when the people who were standing on the other side of the sea saw that there was no other boat there, except that one which His disciples had entered, and that Jesus had not entered the boat with His disciples, but His disciples had gone away alone ~ however other boats came from Tiberias, near the place where they ate bread after the Lord had given thanks ~ when the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, nor His disciples, they also got into boats and came to Capernaum, seeking Jesus.  And when they found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, "Rabbi, when did You come here?"  Jesus answered them and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.  do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him."

Father, for a long time now, I must confess that I have sought you for knowledge, answers, and help.  I have treated Your word like a well written advice column.  My satisfaction, joy, and strength are meant to come from You not what I am capable of learning about You and applying to my life.  I want to have my hunger satisfied because You are speaking to me and because You are filling me.  The only thing I can do on physical food is survive.  In order to thrive, I need You alone.  Amen



No comments: