Friday, December 30, 2016

Chosen

John 6:41-42  The Jews then complained about Him, because He said, "I am the bread which came down from heaven."  And they said, "Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?  How is it then that He says, 'I have come down from heaven'?"

I can't imagine what it was like to know who You are, knowing all You had to give, only to be rejected, doubted, questioned, and mocked by the very people who should have recognized You immediately.  I also can't imagine what it's like for You when I fail to recognize Your voice, intervention, and presence because my focus is fixated on my fears, anxieties, and worries.  Jesus, open my eyes to the things You have revealed that I did not see, my ears to the things I did not hear, and my heart to the things You've given I have not embraced.  You remained strong through the misperceptions, misunderstandings, and miscommunications because You knew the truth.  Satisfy me with thoughts of Your never ending love and faithfulness that make the enemy's fiery darts useless.  Remind me that I am Yours.  Amen



No comments: