Wednesday, December 28, 2016

What's Been Done

John 6:28-34  Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?"  Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."  Therefore they said to Him, "What sign will You perform then, that we may see it and believe You?  What work will You do?  Our father's ate the manna in the desert; as it is written, 'He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'"  Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven.  For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."  Then they said to Him, "Lord, give us this bread always."

It is easy to get caught up in one particular thought that puts You in a box that limits who You are because my mind can't conceive the magnitude of Your greatness.  Somehow I manage to forget that You are the bread come down from heaven and I place restrictions on who I say You are and all that You are meant to be.  Help me to remember that my vision is limited and that containing You is not possible.  I don't need You to give a commanding performance of Your abilities to believe You, I just desperately need reminders of all that You've done in grace and mercy so that I stop doubting if You are with me.  Amen.



No comments: