Sunday, December 4, 2016

Thirst No More

John 4:11-15  The woman said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep.  Where then do You get that living water?  Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us this well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?"  Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinnks of the water I shall give him will never thirst.  But the water I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to everlasting life."  The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw."

Father, just like this woman, I put limitations on what I think You can do based on my surroundings rather than Your abilities.  I put more faith in things sometimes than I do You, especially when there are circumstances that are seemingly within my control.  Help me to trust You more knowing that my trying to manipulate anything to get the result I want is nothing more than pride, idolatry, and an obvious weakness in my faith.  Help me hear the steps You want me to take to work cooperatively with You rather than the ones I would take to be in control.  Well up in me a fountain of water that drowns out doubt and fear and keeps me hydrated with Your truth.  Amen





No comments: