Saturday, December 3, 2016

Living Water

John 4:7-10  A woman of Samaria came to draw water.  Jesus said to her, "Give Me a drink."  For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.  Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?"  For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.  Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked Him and He would have given you living water."

Father, help me to understand that perception is everything.  When You give gifts there are no strings attached.  You intend for them to be used, You want them to be maximized, and You give them because You truly desire what is best for us.  You know that the gifts You give can not be repaid in any way and it's why You choose to give them.  Help me to recognize the gifts You have given me, help me to steward them wisely, to use Your word to strengthen and protect them, and to use them as You intended, as a source of life welling up i me to live to the fullest in and through You.  Amen



No comments: