Monday, December 26, 2016

Retreat

John 6:15-21  Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force and make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.  Now when evening came, His disciples went down to the sea, got into the boat, and went over the sea toward Capernaum.  And it was already dark, and Jesus had not come to them.  Then the sea arose because a great wind was blowing.  So when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat, and they were afraid.  But He said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid."  Then they willingly received Him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land where they were going.

Father it is easy for me to get stressed out or anxious over the expectations (real or perceived) of others and become frozen in place rather than retreat to be with You.  But You are my refuge and You should always be my first inclination because You are my best option.  When I am overwhelmed with fear, anxiety, worry, sadness, or any emotion that threatens my joy or faith in You, I can be honest about where I am so that You can give me Your peace.  I want to stop ignoring my feelings and allow You to take care of them and tend to them.  Amen



No comments: