Monday, December 19, 2016

Life

John 5:24-25  Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come in to judgement, but has passed from death into life.  Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live."

Father, You speak and things change.  The non-existant becomes reality, the sick are healed, and the dead live.  Your words have power.  Put Your words in my mouth when I speak to others to encourage, to pray, or to remind them of You.  Use Your words when I am talking to myself to uplift, comfort, or correct rather than the doubt filled words of the world.  Let me hear Your words every day so that I can move from a point of existance to a point of living.  Amen




James warns us clearly that the tongue is "a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body." That isn't just about the words you use when you speak to others ~ it most definitely includes the words you speak to yourself.  If your words are not speaking life, choose to find new words.  No one is given permission to speak badly about any of God's creation, even the creation itself.  Remember you are His masterpiece, you are fearfully and wonderfully made, and you are a child of God.

1 comment:

Learning Grace thru Motherhood said...

Love this Jennifer! Always encouraging! Praying it speaks to many other women.