Thursday, December 1, 2016

In His Hands

John 3:34-36  For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.  The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.  He who believes in the Son has everylasting life; and he who does not believe in the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Father, believing in You is so much more than acknowledging existence.  It's knowing You in a way that understands Your desire for our lives, it's putting Your ways ahead of our desires that leads to life in full rather than complications and heartache.  And not accepting and understanding that part of Your passionate love for us leads simply to destruction.  Destruction of what You intend our life to be and destruction of our minds that doesn't see circumstances as a result of our choices but rather a result of Your desire to punish.  Open my eyes to anything keeping me from the life You intend for me, help me walk in Your ways that bring peace and joy.  Give me a strong desire to follow Your heart in all situations that You have included me.  Help me reflect Your love, Your grace, Your compassion, and Your mercy.  Amen



No comments: