Sunday, December 11, 2016

Beyond Sight

John 4:43-45  Now after the two days He departed from there and went to Galilee.  For Jesus Himself testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country.  So when He came to Galilee, the Galileans received Him, having seen the things He did in Jerusalem at the feast, for they also had gone to the feast.

Father, to know that there were people Jesus knew, met, and interacted with that did not accept Him is both perplexing and comforting.  How anyone could be in the presence of pure love and reject it is completely beyond my comprehension.  It didn't stop Him from going and it didn't stop Him from reaching out to those in need, it just limited His time because He had other places to go.  At the same time, He didn't ignore the ones who accepted Him only  because of what they had seen.  He didn't hold their reason for acceptance against them but rather reinforced it to make it stronger.  Help me to keep my pride in check.  This isn't about the how or why, this is about bringing others to You so that they can have the freedom You give.  I am just Your hands and feet reaching out with Your love.  Keep my focus clear, my purpose pure, and my motives about glorifying You.  Amen



No comments: