Saturday, December 17, 2016

All Things

John 5:19-20  Then Jesus answered them and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.  For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that You may marvel."

Father, help me see the things that You have done and then open my eyes to the chances before me to imitate Your actions.  Whether it is an act of forgiveness, of grace, or an abundant blessing in some capacity, I want to do what You have done.  Remind me that You are always with me, clear the path You are calling me to walk with You, help me hear Your instructions, and let me experience what it means to truly do something that could have only happened in Your strength.  Mark my boundaries so that I don't attempt to get ahead of You, fall too far behind, or worst of all, attempt to take control.  Father, let everything I do shine light on Your glory and goodness, let me just be a reflection of You so bright that Your love is the only element visible in what was done.  Amen.


Jesus said that God would show Him greater things to do that you may marvel.  What was the last thing God did that made you marvel?

It's easy to be tempted to focus on the big things, the miraculous things Jesus did, and think we can't do them.  And while we aren't likely to change water to wine, return sight to the blind, or raise a friend from the dead, we are capable of forgiving as Jesus did, loving as Jesus did, and showing the compassion and mercy Jesus did.  Our words can bring life to dreams, our forgiveness can restore a broken heart, and our generosity can lead others to hope in the God who truly cares about meeting needs.  What you have seen Jesus do in your own life, go do that.

 

No comments: