Friday, December 16, 2016

Work Ethic

John 5:16-18  For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath.  But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working."  Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Father, I never want 'rules' to be in a more prominent place than seeking You in prayer over the best thing to do in any situation.  It is so simple to take the easy way out, to make a checklist, to be more concerned with following protocol that involves no intentional action or direction from You.  Open my eyes to the places You are working and if I'm meant to be involved, show me how to be involved and to what extent.  Father help me steward my energy, time, and body wisely.  Prevent me from getting caught up to the point that I miss when the rest that coms from You is most critical.  Remind me that I can call on You at any time for help, something I don't understand the magnitude of or what's available to me when I do.  Amen.



1 comment:

Learning Grace thru Motherhood said...

I love this post today Jennifer! Just what needed to hear...Yes, Lord show us where you want to lead us and how you want us to be used for your glory!