Saturday, December 31, 2016

Manna

John 6:43-51  Jesus therefore answered and said to them, "Do not murmur among yourselves.  No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws them in; and I will raise him up at the last day.  It is written in the prophets, 'And they shall be taught by God.'  Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.  Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father.  Most assuredly I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.  I am the bread of life.  Your fathers ate manna in the wilderness and are dead.  This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.  I am the livving bread which came down from heaven.  If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."

Jesus, only You can make us whole and complete.  You came so that we may have life and it cost You Your life to do it.  Nothing but you will ever satisfy us the way You can because it is only through You that every good and perfect gift makes sense and has purpose.  Fill us with Your presence, well up in us a fountain of living water that we may not thirst, and give us the daily bread we desperately need to move from surviving to thriving.  Amen.



No comments: